It’s that time of year again…hundreds of attorneys bunking in Hot Springs (most of us are at the Arlington) for the 115th Annual Bar Association Meeting. I realize the idea of a hotel full to the brim with lawyers sounds terrible, but it’s actually quite fun.
For people who haven’t been to a Arkansas Bar Meeting, you really are missing out. Here are the top 5 reasons to go:
5. The Arlington-as a friend said last night, you have to have a certain level of comfort with germs to stay here, but for those of us who do, it’s an experience all of its own. It really is quite lovely.
4. Politics-Even if you don’t give a vote about politics, this is still a reason to come. There are a lot of politicians and people politicking in an atmosphere more conducive to honesty than many public forums.
3. CLE- You need it. It’s here.
2. Old Friends and New-Catch up with your law school friends. Meet lots of new friends. Hear war stories from attorneys and judges young and old.
1. Fun-this is definitely the most fun you can have getting CLE. For the social type, there are plenty of dinners, mixers, parties, after parties, and the requisite pool party.