It’s been a while since I’ve posted. I’ve been to the other side of the world and back, I’ve done about 10 depositions, and I’ve had what feels like a million telephone conferences (note: let’s just agree we aren’t going to call them “telecons.” Man, I hate that). Which leads me to today’s post about things you can do during a telephone conference.
Mine tend to be conferences where I have to pay enough attention to know what’s happening and be ready to talk if necessary, but not so involved that I have to sit with a pen and pad and take notes. Which makes it the perfect time for multitasking on chores that don’t require too much brain power.
1. Write a blog article (ahem…).
2. Organize your inbox.
3. Figure out which case files need updating in dropbox/evernote, etc.
4. Clean up physical files and organize them.
5. Make a to-do list for the day or week.
6. Work on your billing slips, if necessary.
7. Make sure that there are no new Tory Burch items that you are unaware of.
8. Check your calendar and make sure that you’ve got all your important dates added.
9. Reply to emails that don’t take a lot of critical thought.
10. Organize your office.
There you go, you are all ready for multi-tasking your next telephone conference.